Film, Video Jurji Zaidan: His Contributions to Modern Arab Thought & Literature (2)
About this Item
- Jurji Zaidan: His Contributions to Modern Arab Thought & Literature (2)
- Scholars from the Arab world, Europe and North America presented papers and discussed the life and work of the noted Arab novelist, journalist and publisher. (Afternoon session.) Speakers included Jens Hanssen (University of Toronto) Marwa El Shakry (Columbia University), Anne-Laure Dupont, Roger Allen (University of Pennsylvania), Zainab Ben Lagha, William Granara (Harvard University), Michael Cooperson (University of California/Los Angeles), Thomas Philipp (Erlangen University, Germany), George Zaidan (founder of The Zaidan Foundation), and from the Library of Congress, Roberta Shaffer, Jeremy Adamson and Mary Jane Deeb.
- Event Date
- June 05, 2012
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 37 minutes 29 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jurji Zaidan: His Contributions to Modern Arab Thought & Literature 2. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5575/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Jurji Zaidan: His Contributions to Modern Arab Thought & Literature 2. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5575/.
MLA citation style:
Jurji Zaidan: His Contributions to Modern Arab Thought & Literature 2. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5575/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Arbeelys: The Double Life of the First Syrian Immigrant Family
- Contributor: Jacobs, Linda
- Date: 2016-06-07
Film, VideoThe Orthodox Church in Georgia Since Independence
- Contributor: Crego, Paul
- Date: 2016-06-02
Film, VideoWitness, Aleppo: Armenian, Assyrian & Arab Music, Stories & Images from Pre-war Syria
- Contributor: Hamacher, Jason
- Date: 2016-04-22
Film, VideoMalawi Music with Giddes Chalamanda
- Contributor: Chalamanda, Giddes
- Date: 2016-07-05