Film, Video Covering America: A Narrative History of a Nation's Journalism
About this Item
- Covering America: A Narrative History of a Nation's Journalism
- Christopher B. Daly discusses the development of journalism in America from the early 1700s to the digital revolution of today. Daly placed the current journalism crisis within a broader historical context, showing how it is only the latest in a series of transitions that have required journalists to devise new ways of plying their trade.
- September 19, 2012
- - Christopher B. Daly is an associate professor in the Department of Journalism at Boston University. He spent 10 years with the Associated Press and eight years covering New England for the Washington Post. Daly holds a master¿¿¿s degree in history from the University of North Carolina, where he was a co-author of the prize-winning 1987 book "Like a Family," a social history of the South¿¿¿s industrialization. His writing has appeared in Atlantic Monthly, Columbia Journalism Review, Parents, New England Monthly and other magazines.
- Serial & Government Publications Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/news/
- 1 hours 7 minutes 12 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Covering America: A Narrative History of a Nation's Journalism. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5632/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Covering America: A Narrative History of a Nation's Journalism. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5632/.
MLA citation style:
Covering America: A Narrative History of a Nation's Journalism. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5632/>.