Film, Video The Ancient Maya & the Year 2012
About this Item
- The Ancient Maya & the Year 2012
- Mark Van Stone will discuss what the ancient Maya actually said about 2012. The result is based entirely on science, archaeology, decipherment and Precolumbian art.
- Event Date
- October 11, 2012
- - Mark Van Stone is professor of Art History at Southwestern College and a Maya expert specializing in Maya hieroglyphs and calligraphy.
- Related Resources
- Hispanic Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/
- 'Exploring the Early Americas' exhibition: http://myloc.gov/exhibitions/earlyamericas/Pages/default.aspx
- Running Time
- 56 minutes 24 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Ancient Maya & the Year. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5665/.
APA citation style:
(2012) The Ancient Maya & the Year. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5665/.
MLA citation style:
The Ancient Maya & the Year. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5665/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoJose Antonio Ramos: A Public Intellectual of the First Cuban Republic Judith Weiss lectures on Jose Antonio Ramos as part of the Library's Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations.
- Contributor: Weiss, Judith
- Date: 2010-10-04
Film, VideoHaiti and the Aftermath: Actions, Vision & a Plan Chavennes Jean-Baptiste, founder of the Peasant Movement of Papay, addressed how his organization is responding to the earthquake in Haiti.
- Contributor: Jean-Baptiste, Chavennes
- Date: 2010-09-27
Film, VideoThe Secret War in El Paso: Mexican Revolutionary Intrigue 1906-1920 Authors Charles H. Harris III and Louis R. Sadler discuss their work and the Mexican Revolution.
- Contributor: Harris III, Charles H. - Sadler, Louis R.
- Date: 2010-11-08
Film, VideoBlackness in the White Nation: A History of Afro-Uruguay George Reid Andrews discusses his new book "Blackness in the White Nation: A History of Afro-Uruguay."
- Contributor: Andrews, George Reid
- Date: 2010-11-01
Film, VideoExpecting Pears from an Elm Tree Boliva historian Eric Langer speaks at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Langer, Eric
- Date: 2010-12-08