Film, Video Britten's Coolidge Commission & Shostakovich's Soviet Redemption
About this Item
- Britten's Coolidge Commission & Shostakovich's Soviet Redemption
- In a pre-concert presentation, Nicholas A. Brown discusses 20th Century masters Benjamin Britten and Dimitri Shostakovich.
- November 13, 2012
- - Nicholas A. Brown has served as a music specialist and concert producer for the Music division of the Library of Congress since Spring 2012. An active conductor, horn player and baritone vocalist, he is the music director of the Irving Fine Society Singers & Ensemble. A native Bostonian, Nicholas came to the Library following tenures at the White House and Harvard University. He received a M.Mus in Musicology from King's College London as well as a B.A. in Music (Conducting Performance) and History from Brandeis University.
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- 1 hours 1 minutes 39 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Britten's Coolidge Commission & Shostakovich's Soviet Redemption. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5677/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Britten's Coolidge Commission & Shostakovich's Soviet Redemption. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5677/.
MLA citation style:
Britten's Coolidge Commission & Shostakovich's Soviet Redemption. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5677/>.