Film, Video Gardens for a Beautiful America, 1895-1935
About this Item
- Gardens for a Beautiful America, 1895-1935
- Sam Watters discusses the photographs of urban and suburban gardens taken by Frances Benjamin Johnston at the beginning of the 20th Century and preserved by the Library of Congress for more than 70 years.
- Event Date
- April 13, 2012
- - Sam Watters writes and lectures on American houses and gardens. Educated at Yale University, the University of Marseilles and the Royal Botanical Garden at Kew, Watters is the author of books and numerous articles on subjects ranging from the gardens of the White House to cactus theft in the Mojave Desert. He is a columnist for the Los Angeles Times.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Frances Benjamin Johnston Collection: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collection/fbj/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 9 minutes, 45 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gardens for a Beautiful America, -1935. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5691/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Gardens for a Beautiful America, -1935. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5691/.
MLA citation style:
Gardens for a Beautiful America, -1935. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5691/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBeing a Rockefeller: Becoming Myself, A Memoir
- Contributor: Rockefeller, Eileen
- Date: 2014-05-02
Film, VideoCoded Letters, Concealed Love: The Larger Lives of Harriet Freeman & Edward Everett Hale
- Contributor: Day, Sara
- Date: 2014-06-10
Film, VideoMary Pickford: Queen of the Movies
- Contributor: Schmidt, Christel
- Date: 2012-12-04
Film, VideoRomantic Outlaws: The Extraordinary Lives of Mary Wollstonecraft & Mary Shelley
- Contributor: Gordon, Charlotte - Dirda, Michael
- Date: 2018-10-25
Film, VideoWhen Books Went to War: The Stories That Helped Us Win World War II
- Contributor: Manning, Molly Guptill
- Date: 2015-09-25