Film, Video Colson Whitehead: 2012 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Colson Whitehead: 2012 National Book Festival
- Colson Whitehead appears at the 2012 Library of Congress National Book Festival.
- Event Date
- September 22, 2012
- - After graduating from Harvard, Colson Whitehead began his writing career at the Village Voice, where he wrote reviews of television, books and music. His first novel, "The Intuitionist," concerned intrigue in New York's Department of Elevator Inspectors and was a finalist for the PEN/Hemingway Award. His 2006 novel, "Apex Hides the Hurt," is about a "nomenclature consultant," who gets an assignment to name a town; it won a PEN/Oakland Award. "Sag Harbor" (2009) was a Pen/Faulkner Award finalist. His new novel is "Zone One," about a plague of zombies.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival website: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- Running Time
- 32 minutes 30 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Colson Whitehead:National Book Festival. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5744/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Colson Whitehead:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5744/.
MLA citation style:
Colson Whitehead:National Book Festival. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5744/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoColson Whitehead: 2009 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Whitehead, Colson
- Date: 2009-09-26
Film, VideoWinston Groom & Colson Whitehead: 2016 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Groom, Winston - Whitehead, Colson
- Date: 2016-09-24
Film, VideoRace in America: Colson Whitehead
- Contributor: Whitehead, Colson - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2020-07-16
Film, VideoDouglas Brinkley: 2012 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Brinkley, Douglas
- Date: 2012-09-22
Film, VideoStephen L. Carter: 2012 National Book Festival
- Contributor: Carter, Stephen L.
- Date: 2012-09-22