Film, Video Books That Shaped the World
About this Item
- Books That Shaped the World
- In keeping with the theme of this year's National Book Festival theme, Library of Congress staff share their thoughts and opinions on books that shaped the world.
- Event Date
- February 08, 2013
- - Dr. James H. Billington was sworn in as the 13th Librarian of Congress on September 14, 1987.
- - Roberta Shaffer was named Associate Librarian for Library Services at the Library of Congress effective January 2012.
- - Mark Dimunation is chief of the Rare Book and Special Collections Division at the Library of Congress.
- - John Y. Cole is the director of the Center for the Book in the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival website: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- "Books That Shaped America": http://read.gov/btsa.html
- Running Time
- 6 minutes, 24 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Books That Shaped the World. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5757/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Books That Shaped the World. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5757/.
MLA citation style:
Books That Shaped the World. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5757/>.