Film, Video Jazz Conversation: Ron Carter & Larry Appelbaum
About this Item
- Jazz Conversation: Ron Carter & Larry Appelbaum
- The Library's Larry Appelbaum talks with legendary jazz bassist Ron Carter.
- Event Date
- October 17, 2012
- - Larry Appelbaum is a senior music reference librarian and jazz specialist in the Music Division at the Library of Congress.
- - Ron Carter is a Grammy-winning performer, composer, and educator, a master musician at the top of his form. His astonishing roster of more than 2,000 recordings with collaborators that include Lena Horne, B.B. King, and Miles Davis is a thread that runs through jazz history, connecting blues, swing, bebop, hip-hop and funk.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 11 minutes 25 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jazz Conversation: Ron Carter & Larry Appelbaum. 2012. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5774/.
APA citation style:
(2012) Jazz Conversation: Ron Carter & Larry Appelbaum. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5774/.
MLA citation style:
Jazz Conversation: Ron Carter & Larry Appelbaum. 2012. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5774/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoDianne Reeves Interview Grammy Award-winning vocalist Dianne Reeves discusses her career and interpretations of Ella Fitzgerald's music. This interview was filmed in conjunction with Reeves' concert at the Library, "Dianne Reeves Sings Ella," a commemoration...
- Contributor: Reeves, Dianne - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2017-03-31
Film, VideoConversation with Ingrid Monson Larry Appelbaum of the Music Division interviews jazz scholar Ingrid Monson, discussing a wide range of topics including her background, her work at Harvard University, as well as her research and musical...
- Contributor: Monson, Ingrid - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2017-03-06
Film, VideoAbdullah Ibrahim & Larry Appelbaum in Conversation Abdullah Ibrahim talks with Larry Appelbaum about jazz as part of the Library of Congress Jazz Scholars program.
- Contributor: Ibrahim, Abdullah - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2016-04-19
Film, VideoMaria Schneider on the Creative Process Jazz artist Maria Schneider discusses her approach to the creative process and her collaboration with David Bowie in an interview with Larry Appelbaum. Recorded in conjunction with the world premiere of Schneider's...
- Contributor: Schneider, Maria - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2016-04-12
Film, VideoAllen Toussaint & Larry Appelbaum Prior to a concert by Allen Toussaint and Henry Butler at the Library of Congress, Toussaint sat for an interview with Larry Appelbaum about his hit records, life in the recording studios,...
- Contributor: Toussaint, Allen - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2007-11-07