Film, Video Why Two in One Flesh: The Western Case for Monogamy Over Polygamy
About this Item
- Why Two in One Flesh: The Western Case for Monogamy Over Polygamy
- John Witte Jr. discussed the history of the West's predilection for monogamy over polygamy.
- Event Date
- April 30, 2013
- - John Witte Jr. is Jonas Robitscher Professor of Law, Alonzo L. McDonald Distinguished Service Professor, and Director of the Center for the Study of Law and Religion Center at Emory University. A specialist in legal history, marriage law, and religious liberty, he has published 220 articles, 15 journal symposia, and 26 books. Witte served as the 2012 Cary and Ann Maguire Chair in Ethics and American History at the Library's John W. Kluge Center.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: http://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 23 minutes, 31 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Why Two in One Flesh: The Western Case for Monogamy Over Polygamy. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5917/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Why Two in One Flesh: The Western Case for Monogamy Over Polygamy. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5917/.
MLA citation style:
Why Two in One Flesh: The Western Case for Monogamy Over Polygamy. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5917/>.