Film, Video Anxieties of Authorship & Ownership: Intellectual Property, Indigenous Collections & Decolonial Futures
About this Item
- Anxieties of Authorship & Ownership: Intellectual Property, Indigenous Collections & Decolonial Futures
- Jane Anderson discussed the philosophical and practical problems for intellectual property law and the protection of Indigenous/traditional knowledge resources and cultural heritage.
- Event Date
- April 03, 2013
- - Jane Anderson has worked on a number of policy proposals for the protection of traditional knowledge and cultural expressions. These include developing a framework for an international alternative dispute resolution/mediation service for intellectual property and Indigenous knowledge disputes, international guidelines for cultural institutions with Indigenous collections, and the development of site-specific intellectual property protocols to assist local communities enhance and support already existing knowledge-management practices.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 11 minutes 1 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Anxieties of Authorship & Ownership: Intellectual Property, Indigenous Collections & Decolonial Futures. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5920/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Anxieties of Authorship & Ownership: Intellectual Property, Indigenous Collections & Decolonial Futures. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5920/.
MLA citation style:
Anxieties of Authorship & Ownership: Intellectual Property, Indigenous Collections & Decolonial Futures. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5920/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAncestral Voices Roundtable This panel discussion highlights a collaborative initiative to digitally restore, provide access to and curate the oldest recordings in the Library of Congress collections, the 1890s wax cylinder recordings of the Passamaquoddy...
- Contributor: Saylor, Nicole - Tomah, Dwayne - Soctomah, Donald - Anderson, Jane - Christen, Kim - Shankar, Guha - Peterson, Elizabeth
- Date: 2018-06-04
Film, VideoAlan Jabbour, 1942-2017: His Legacy in Folklife & Traditional Music Betsy Peterson, Carl Fleishhauer, David Furchgott, Ken Perlman, Stephen Wade and Karen Jabbour pay tribute to the life of Alan Jabbour, American musician, folklorist and founding director of the American Folklife Center...
- Contributor: Perlman, Ken - Furchgott, David - Fleishhauer, Carl - Wade, Stephen - Peterson, Elizabeth "betsy" - Jabbour, Karen
- Date: 2018-01-18
Film, VideoTaiko Drumming in Asian American Los Angeles Ethnomusicologist Deborah Wong offers a vivid introduction to the Japanese American and Asian American taiko scene in the greater Los Angeles area. Taiko is a contemporary form of ensemble drumming that is...
- Contributor: Wong, Deborah
- Date: 2018-06-29
Film, VideoSyriac Chants & Aramaic Christianity in India Joseph J. Palackal discusses Aramaic Christianity, an essential component of India's religious diversity. Christian faith came to the shores of South India from its source in West Asia, through the medium of...
- Contributor: Palackal, Joseph J.
- Date: 2018-05-31
Film, VideoMy Secret Autobiography: The Letters of Ballad Scholar Francis James Child to William Ellery Sedgwick Folklorist Michael Bell discussed ballad scholar Francis James Child. Beginning in 1846, soon after his graduation from Harvard College, Child -- a Harvard professor, eventual first president of the American Folklore Society...
- Contributor: Bell, Michael
- Date: 2018-05-08