Film, Video Bringing Digital Forensics to the Library: An Introduction to the BitCurator Project
About this Item
- Bringing Digital Forensics to the Library: An Introduction to the BitCurator Project
- Porter Olsen discussed the BitCurator Project, a system for cultural heritage professionals that incorporates the functionality of many digital forensics tools. In this presentation, he demonstrated a beta version of the BitCurator Environment and specifically showed how the digital forensics tools included in BitCurator address the needs of digital archivists.
- Event Date
- March 20, 2013
- - Porter Olsen is in the department of English at the University of Maryland and a research associate at the Maryland Institute for Technology in the Humanities.
- Related Resources
- Preservation at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Running Time
- 53 minutes 55 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bringing Digital Forensics to the Library: An Introduction to the BitCurator Project. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5922/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Bringing Digital Forensics to the Library: An Introduction to the BitCurator Project. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5922/.
MLA citation style:
Bringing Digital Forensics to the Library: An Introduction to the BitCurator Project. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5922/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoIntegrating Analytical Tools in Treatment Decision-making for Verdigris Corrosion
- Contributor: Brostoff, Lynn - Bertonaschi, John - Albro, Sylvia
- Date: 2013-07-10
Film, VideoBuilding a Custom Storage Box
- Contributor: None
- Date: 2017-04-10
Film, VideoBroken Cylinders
- Contributor: Monroe, Eric
- Date: 2017-05-22
Film, VideoFrom Words to Diagrams: Visualization of Historical Bookbinding
- Contributor: Campagnolo, Alberto
- Date: 2017-04-12
Film, VideoOpen Arms: Expanding the Cultural Emergency Preparedness Community
- Contributor: Clareson, Tom
- Date: 2017-04-25