Film, Video Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks
About this Item
- Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks
- Conservators highlighted basic preservation measures one can do at home for long-lasting albums and scrapbooks. They enumerated the pros and cons of dismantling old scrapbooks and albums in poor condition and discussed how to address condition problems. Digital archivists covered preservation considerations for digital scrapbooks and albums and staff from the Library's Veterans History Project shared information on how to participate in the Project.
- Event Date
- April 24, 2013
- Related Resources
- Veterans History Project: https://www.loc.gov/vets/
- Running Time
- 56 minutes 4 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5934/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5934/.
MLA citation style:
Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5934/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoIntegrating Analytical Tools in Treatment Decision-making for Verdigris Corrosion
- Contributor: Brostoff, Lynn - Bertonaschi, John - Albro, Sylvia
- Date: 2013-07-10
Film, VideoBuilding a Custom Storage Box
- Contributor: None
- Date: 2017-04-10
Film, VideoBroken Cylinders
- Contributor: Monroe, Eric
- Date: 2017-05-22
Film, VideoFrom Words to Diagrams: Visualization of Historical Bookbinding
- Contributor: Campagnolo, Alberto
- Date: 2017-04-12
Film, VideoOpen Arms: Expanding the Cultural Emergency Preparedness Community
- Contributor: Clareson, Tom
- Date: 2017-04-25