Film, Video Necessary Utterance: Poetry as Cultural Force (Trethewey)
About this Item
- Necessary Utterance: Poetry as Cultural Force (Trethewey)
- Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry Natasha Trethewey delivers her final lecture, "Necessary Utterance: Poetry as Cultural Force," closing the spring literary season at the Library of Congress.
- Event Date
- May 01, 2013
- - Natasha Trethewey was born in Gulfport, Mississippi on April 26, 1966. She is the author of four poetry collections and a book of creative non-fiction. Her honors include the Pulitzer Prize and fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts. In 2012, she was appointed the State Poet Laureate of Mississippi.
- Related Resources
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 26 minutes, 4 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Necessary Utterance: Poetry as Cultural Force Trethewey. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5941/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Necessary Utterance: Poetry as Cultural Force Trethewey. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5941/.
MLA citation style:
Necessary Utterance: Poetry as Cultural Force Trethewey. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5941/>.