Film, Video Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks
About this Item
- Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks
- Conservators highlight basic preservation measures one can do at home for long-lasting albums and scrapbooks; enumerate the pros and cons of dismantling old scrapbooks and albums in poor condition; and discuss how to address condition problems. Digital archivists cover preservation considerations for digital scrapbooks and albums. Staff from the Library's Veterans History Project share information on how to participate in the Project.
- Event Date
- April 22, 2013
- Related Resources
- Preservation at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Digital Preservation at the Library of Congress: http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/
- Veterans History Project: https://www.loc.gov/vets
- Running Time
- 1 hours 12 minutes 4 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5954/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5954/.
MLA citation style:
Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5954/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoIntegrating Analytical Tools in Treatment Decision-making for Verdigris Corrosion The ongoing technical study and conservation of an important 1513 hand-colored, printed edition of Ptolemy's Geographia at the Library of Congress has posed interesting challenges, especially in terms of the treatment of...
- Contributor: Brostoff, Lynn - Bertonaschi, John - Albro, Sylvia
- Date: 2013-07-10
Film, VideoBuilding a Custom Storage Box Staff in the Preservation Directorate manufacture a customized box to store one of the Library's treasures.
- Contributor: None
- Date: 2017-04-10
Film, VideoBroken Cylinders Eric Monroe discusses the nature of damage to early wax cylinder audio recordings during storage.
- Contributor: Monroe, Eric
- Date: 2017-05-22
Film, VideoFrom Words to Diagrams: Visualization of Historical Bookbinding Alberto Campagnolo discusses an automated visualization of historical bookbinding structures. Researchers use both images (pictures and drawings) and verbal descriptions (words) to document artifacts. In the last few decades, the recording and...
- Contributor: Campagnolo, Alberto
- Date: 2017-04-12
Film, VideoOpen Arms: Expanding the Cultural Emergency Preparedness Community The Library of Congress celebrates Preservation Week with this lecture as the IFLA PAC (International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions - Preservation and Conservation) center for the U.S.A. and Canada. This...
- Contributor: Clareson, Tom
- Date: 2017-04-25