Film, Video Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks
About this Item
- Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks
- Conservators highlight basic preservation measures one can do at home for long-lasting albums and scrapbooks; enumerate the pros and cons of dismantling old scrapbooks and albums in poor condition; and discuss how to address condition problems. Digital archivists cover preservation considerations for digital scrapbooks and albums. Staff from the Library's Veterans History Project share information on how to participate in the Project.
- April 22, 2013
- Preservation at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/preservation/
- Digital Preservation at the Library of Congress: http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/
- Veterans History Project: https://www.loc.gov/vets
- 1 hours 12 minutes 4 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5954/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5954/.
MLA citation style:
Preserving Your Memories: Traditional & Digital Albums & Scrapbooks. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5954/>.