Film, Video Science Literacy: Bridging the Chasm Between Science & Public Policy
About this Item
- Science Literacy: Bridging the Chasm Between Science & Public Policy
- Mark Frarnkel discusses the importance of science literacy among scientists, policy makers and the general public.
- Event Date
- June 24, 2013
- - Mark S. Frankel is director of the Scientific Responsibility Human Rights and Law program at the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He has authored several papers on genetics, human rights and law.
- Related Resources
- Science, Technology & Business Division: http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/
- Running Time
- 59 minutes, 6 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Science Literacy: Bridging the Chasm Between Science & Public Policy. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5974/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Science Literacy: Bridging the Chasm Between Science & Public Policy. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5974/.
MLA citation style:
Science Literacy: Bridging the Chasm Between Science & Public Policy. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-5974/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCommercializing University Research - Theats and Opportunities: The Oxford University Model
- Contributor: Hockaday, Tom - Dwek, Raymond - Cook, Tim - Blumberg, Baruch S. - Frankel, Mark S.
- Date: 2007-05-24
Film, VideoIntegrative Medicine and Wellness in Our Healthcare System
- Contributor: Amri, Hakima
- Date: 2019-08-21
Film, VideoTechnology Innovation for Healthcare in Aging Societies
- Contributor: Auffret, Jean-Pierre
- Date: 2018-05-16
Film, VideoCancer Moonshot III: Translational Medicine
- Contributor: Bates, Susan E. - Platz, Elizabeth A. - Tsang, John
- Date: 2018-10-30
Film, VideoApollo at 50: The Lasting Effect of Exploration of the Lunar Surface on Our Current Exploration ...
- Contributor: Petro, Noah
- Date: 2019-04-30