Film, Video The Sufi Ritual in the New Theater
About this Item
- The Sufi Ritual in the New Theater
- Sudanese actor and director Ali Mahdi discusses how theater, music and drama have an invaluable role in promoting dialogue and supporting peacekeeping processes.
- Event Date
- June 19, 2013
- - Ali Mahdi Nouri has shown that theater and culture in general, can reconstruct the dreams and restore the confidence of children affected by tragic situations in Sudanese society and in the world in general. Ali Mahdi considers that theater reflects both the extraordinary diversity of cultures and shared human condition. Ali Mahdi was nominated UNESCO Artist for Peace by Irina Bokova, during an official ceremony held in Paris.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed
- Running Time
- 1 hours 6 minutes 18 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Sufi Ritual in the New Theater. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6005/.
APA citation style:
(2013) The Sufi Ritual in the New Theater. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6005/.
MLA citation style:
The Sufi Ritual in the New Theater. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6005/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoUnderstanding Egyptian Cuisine & Culture In this lecture, Amy Riolo defines Egyptian cuisine, explains how the food is central to Egyptian culture, and talks about food throughout Egyptian history.
- Contributor: Riolo, Amy
- Date: 2013-09-04
Film, VideoPoetry Reading by Merrill Leffler Merrill Leffler speaks about his new book, "Mark the Music."
- Contributor: Leffler, Merrill
- Date: 2013-09-24
Film, VideoThe Grand Museum, Egypt Muhammad Gamal discusses Egypt's Grand Museum.
- Contributor: Gamal, Muhammad
- Date: 2013-03-01
Film, VideoCultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine Two award-winning authors -- Annia Ciezadlo and Nawal Nasrallah -- discuss their work and Iraqi cuisine.
- Contributor: Nasrallah, Nawal - Ciezadlo, Annia
- Date: 2013-09-12
Film, VideoGreen Desert: Olzhas Suleimanov Poet and author Olzhas Suleimanov is regarded as one of Kazakhstan's and Central Asia's most influential intellectuals. He read from "Green Desert," the first comprehensive translation of his works into the English...
- Contributor: Suleimanov, Olzhas
- Date: 2013-11-05