Film, Video Bolivar: American Liberator
About this Item
- Bolivar: American Liberator
- Author and journalist Marie Arana discusses the adventurous and volatile life of Simon Bolivar, who famously liberated much of Latin America from Spain.
- Event Date
- June 06, 2013
- - Marie Arana is an author, editor, journalist, and member of the Scholars Council at the Library of Congress. She was born in Peru, the daughter of Jorge Arana, a Peruvian born civil engineer, and Marie Campbell Arana, she moved with her family to the United States at the age of 9, achieved her B.A. in Russian at Northwestern University, her M.A. in linguistics at Hong Kong University, a certificate of scholarship at Yale University in China, and began her career in book publishing, where she was vice president and senior editor at Harcourt Brace and Simon & Schuster.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: http://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 7 minutes, 48 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bolivar: American Liberator. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6010/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Bolivar: American Liberator. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6010/.
MLA citation style:
Bolivar: American Liberator. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6010/>.