Film, Video An-Sky Ensemble Oral History
About this Item
- An-Sky Ensemble Oral History
- Members of the An-sky Yiddish Heritage Ensemble, who are performers as well as researchers of Yiddish music, discuss their history.
- June 25, 2013
- - Jake Shulman-Ment is an American violinist who has performed in a wide range of styles includes klezmer, classical, Romanian, Hungarian, Gypsy and Greek. He has been a faculty member of New York's Henry Street Settlement, Klezcamp, KlezKanada, Klezmer Paris and Yiddish Summer Weimar.
- - Pete Rushefsky is an American klezmer musician and executive director of New York City's Center for Traditional Music and Dance. He plays the cimbalom or "tsimbl" as well as the 5-string banjo.
- - Ethel Raim is artistic director of New York's Center for Traditional Music and Dance (CTMD), one of the nation's preeminent traditional arts organizations, and has researched ethnic music and worked closely with community-based traditional for almost five decades
- - Michael Alpert is a klezmer singer and multi-instrumentalist and has been called a key figure in the klezmer revival of the 1970s and 1980s.
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife
- 1 hours 6 minutes 24 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
An-Sky Ensemble Oral History. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6015/.
APA citation style:
(2013) An-Sky Ensemble Oral History. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6015/.
MLA citation style:
An-Sky Ensemble Oral History. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6015/>.