Film, Video Digital Public Library of America
About this Item
- Digital Public Library of America
- The Digital Public Library of America's director for content, Emily Gore, speaks at Digital Preservation 2013.
- Event Date
- July 24, 2013
- - As director for content of the Digital Public Library of America, Emily Gore oversees the Digital Hubs Pilot Project and coordinates content workflows for DPLA. Gore came to the DPLA after working for 12 years in digital library and technology development in academic and state libraries. Most recently, she served as the Associate Dean for Digital Scholarship and Technology at Florida State University Libraries. Her work has largely focused on building digital collection collaborations among cultural heritage institutions. She previously managed the former statewide digital library in North Carolina, NC ECHO, and co-directed the South Carolina Digital Library. She has a Master's degree in Library and Information Studies from the University of Alabama, a BA in English/Technical Writing from Clemson University and is a 2011 graduate of the Frye Leadership Institute.
- Related Resources
- Digital Preservation at the Library of Congress: http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/
- Running Time
- 31 minutes 1 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Digital Public Library of America. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6018/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Digital Public Library of America. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6018/.
MLA citation style:
Digital Public Library of America. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6018/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoVietnam Veterans Collections Initiative Kick-off
- Contributor: Patrick, Robert - Hagel, Sen. Chuck - Hagel, Tom
- Date: 2011-12-07
Film, VideoHistory of the Guide Dog Movement
- Date: 2012-04-10
Film, VideoOccupy Rousseau: Inequality & Social Justice
- Date: 2012-03-13
Film, VideoThe Long Presence of French & German Immigrants on the Mississippi
- Contributor: Bloch-Raymond, Anny
- Date: 2010-12-08
Film, VideoPreserving Creative America: Collecting Metadata for Recorded Sound
- Contributor: Spencer, John
- Date: 2010-12-17