Film, Video Resisting Imperialism, Resisting Decolonization: Making China from the Ruins of the Qing, 1912-1949
About this Item
- Resisting Imperialism, Resisting Decolonization: Making China from the Ruins of the Qing, 1912-1949
- Kenneth Pomeranz discusses the development of China in the early part of the 20th Century.
- Event Date
- July 23, 2013
- - American Historical Association President Kenneth Pomeranz is professor of History at the University of Chicago. He received his B.A. from Cornell University in 1980 and his Ph.D. from Yale University in 1988.
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: https://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 25 minutes 13 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Resisting Imperialism, Resisting Decolonization: Making China from the Ruins of the Qing, -1949. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6019/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Resisting Imperialism, Resisting Decolonization: Making China from the Ruins of the Qing, -1949. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6019/.
MLA citation style:
Resisting Imperialism, Resisting Decolonization: Making China from the Ruins of the Qing, -1949. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6019/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoSea Monsters on Medieval & Renaissance Maps
- Contributor: Van Duzer, Chet
- Date: 2013-09-05
Film, VideoTerra Sapiens: The Human Chapter in the History of Earth
- Contributor: Grinspoon, David
- Date: 2013-10-31
Film, VideoSearching for Life in the Universe: What Does it Mean for Humanity?
- Contributor: Dick, Steven J. - Grinspoon, David H.
- Date: 2014-01-28
Film, VideoImagining the Equator: Commemorative Geodesic Science in the Andes, 18th-20th Centuries
- Contributor: Capello, Ernesto
- Date: 2013-11-07
Film, VideoGraphic Satire, Paper Money & the Art of Engraving in Britain, 1797-1821
- Contributor: Lahikainen, Amanda
- Date: 2013-11-14