Film, Video Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
About this Item
- Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- Concert by the Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers.
- Event Date
- August 07, 2013
- - Hailing from Covington, Ky., and Cincinnati, Ohio, the Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers are among the very few remaining gospel quartet-style groups that still perform in the old-school a cappella fashion. The Singers specialize in the intricate and emotional four-part harmony "jubilee" style pioneered by such legendary groups as the Dixie Hummingbirds, The Golden Gate Quartet, the Soul Stirrers and The Harptones of Cincinnati. They sing primarily Gospel but have recently added patriotic songs and feel-good R&B to their repertoire.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 5 minutes 4 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6154/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6154/.
MLA citation style:
Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6154/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoNorthern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- Contributor: Northern Kentucky Brotherhood Singers
- Date: 2009-07-16
Film, VideoOllin Yoliztli Calmecac
- Contributor: Calmecac, Ollin Yoliztli
- Date: 2009-06-18
Film, VideoSpyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor
- Date: 2014-05-07
Film, VideoNakotah LaRance: Native American Hoop Dancing
- Contributor: Larance, Nakotah
- Date: 2016-05-18
Film, VideoHomegrown Oral History: Soumya Chakraverty & Devapriya Nayak
- Contributor: Nayak (Debu), Devapriya - Chakraverty, Soumya
- Date: 2016-07-08