Film, Video Kalanidhi Dance: Traditional Kuchipudi from Maryland
About this Item
- Kalanidhi Dance: Traditional Kuchipudi from Maryland
- Kalanidhi Dance Company was founded in 2005. Its artistic approach is to explore creative and contemporary ideas through the vocabulary of Kuchipudi, while retaining the essence and integrity of the classical form. Dancers include Supraja Chittari, Ankitha Durvasula, Ramya Durvasula, Pragnya Thamire and Deviga Valiyil.
- Event Date
- August 14, 2013
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: http://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 58 minutes, 28 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kalanidhi Dance: Traditional Kuchipudi from Maryland. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6157/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Kalanidhi Dance: Traditional Kuchipudi from Maryland. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6157/.
MLA citation style:
Kalanidhi Dance: Traditional Kuchipudi from Maryland. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6157/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoWayne Newell and Blanch Sockabasin: Traditional Passamaquoddy Music From Maine
- Contributor: Sockabasin, Blanch - Newell, Wayne
- Date: 2009-09-16
Film, VideoCowboy Poet Paul Zarzyski and Cowboy Singer-Composer Wylie Gustafson From Montana
- Contributor: Gustafson, Wylie - Zarzyski, Paul
- Date: 2009-10-07
Film, VideoSreevidhya Chandramouli with Poovalur Sriji: South Indian Classical Music from Oregon
- Contributor: Sriji, Poovalur - Chandramouli, Sreevidhya
- Date: 2009-08-20
Film, VideoBarbara Lynn & Friends
- Contributor: Lynn, Barbara
- Date: 2009-11-18
Film, VideoTraditional Norwegian-American Dance Music From Virginia
- Contributor: Berntsons, the
- Date: 2009-12-03