Film, Video Los Texmaniacs: Traditional Conjunto Dance Music from Texas
About this Item
- Los Texmaniacs: Traditional Conjunto Dance Music from Texas
- Los Texmaniacs mix the simplest yet finest ingredients of Texas music to create a sound solidly rooted in tradition, exploding with contemporary vitality. Their versatility has led them to perform at the Smithsonian Folklife Festival, the International Accordion Festival, the Kennedy Center, the Governor of Texas Ball, and many major festivals overseas in countries such as Germany, Holland and Spain.
- Event Date
- September 11, 2013
- - Los Texmaniacs is a conjunto band created by Max Baca in 1997. Baca wanted to create a band that incorporated elements from genres such as rock and roll and jazz while still honoring the roots of conjunto tejano.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 13 minutes 29 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Los Texmaniacs: Traditional Conjunto Dance Music from Texas. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6163/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Los Texmaniacs: Traditional Conjunto Dance Music from Texas. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6163/.
MLA citation style:
Los Texmaniacs: Traditional Conjunto Dance Music from Texas. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6163/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCarter Family Tribute
- Contributor: Carter Family
- Date: 2005-09-20
Film, VideoThe Sama Ensemble
- Contributor: Ensemble, Sama
- Date: 2007-04-25
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda and Friends
- Contributor: Chancey, Tina - Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - Gaeta, Susan
- Date: 2007-03-21
- Contributor: Gandydancer Stringband
- Date: 2007-12-12
Film, VideoHoop Dances by Dallas Chief Eagle and Jasmine Pickner
- Contributor: Eagle, Dallas Chief - Pickner, Jasmine
- Date: 2007-11-15