Film, Video Vanished in the Fog: Ethel Reed, the Beautiful Poster Lady
About this Item
- Vanished in the Fog: Ethel Reed, the Beautiful Poster Lady
- William Peterson discusses Ethel Reed.
- Event Date
- May 30, 2013
- - William S. Peterson was, until his retirement in 2004, professor of English at the University of Maryland. He is the author or editor of fourteen books (several of them about William Morris and his Kelmscott Press) and is a freelance book designer. He has also edited two academic journals, Browning Institute Studies and Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America. Currently he and his wife Sylvia are compiling a census of all known copies of the Kelmscott Press Chaucer.
- Related Resources
- Rare Book & Special Collections Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/rarebook/
- Running Time
- 35 minutes 19 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vanished in the Fog: Ethel Reed, the Beautiful Poster Lady. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6170/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Vanished in the Fog: Ethel Reed, the Beautiful Poster Lady. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6170/.
MLA citation style:
Vanished in the Fog: Ethel Reed, the Beautiful Poster Lady. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6170/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCarla Hayden, Librarian of Congress
- Contributor: Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2016-09-14
Film, VideoCarla Hayden Sworn In as 14th Librarian of Congress
- Contributor: Mikulski, Sen. Barbara - Ryan, Rep. Paul - Blunt, Sen. Roy - Hayden, Carla
- Date: 2016-09-14
Film, VideoPreserving American Deaf Culture
- Contributor: Williamson, Max - Vail'u, Mekaella
- Date: 2016-04-12
Film, VideoSchools that Peter the Great Built: Projectors & the State in Early Modern Russia
- Contributor: Fedyukin, Igor
- Date: 2016-05-11
Film, VideoUn paese di carta
- Contributor: Langer, Emily - Benedetti, Laura
- Date: 2016-09-01