Film, Video Cultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine
About this Item
- Cultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine
- Two award-winning authors -- Annia Ciezadlo and Nawal Nasrallah -- discuss their work and Iraqi cuisine.
- Event Date
- September 12, 2013
- - Author and journalist Annia Ciezadlo lived in the Middle East as a reporter for the Christian Science Monitor and The New Republic from 2004-2007. Her award winning book, "Day of Honey: A Memoir of Food, Love, and War" was widely praised by The Washington Post, NPR and The New York Times.
- - Nawal Nasrallah is an independent scholar and food author spreading the word about Iraqi cuisine and culture. Her book, "Delights from the Garden of Eden" was highly regarded by The New York Times, NPR, Newsweek and the Boston Herald. She is a native of Iraq who now lives in New Hampshire.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 14 minutes 1 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6178/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Cultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6178/.
MLA citation style:
Cultural & Historical Perspectives on Iraqi Cuisine. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6178/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoGrowing Up Gullah Dorothy Browner-Hubler discusses growing up Gullah in South Carolina and Maryland.
- Contributor: Browner-Hubler, Dorothy
- Date: 2012-02-28
Film, VideoJews on Trial: The Papal Inquisition in Modena, 1598-1638 Katherine Aron-Beller will be speaking about her book on the Modena inquisition of 1598-1638.
- Contributor: Aron-Beller, Katherine
- Date: 2012-03-21
Film, VideoAmbassador Johnnie Carson: 40 Years of Dedication to Africa Ambassador Johnnie Carson took part in a discussion of his career in the U.S. State Department.
- Contributor: Carson, Johnnie
- Date: 2011-12-08
Film, VideoThe State of Art in Ethiopia Renowned artist Afewerk Tekle presented a lecture on the state of art in his native Ethiopia.
- Contributor: Tekle, Afewerk
- Date: 2009-07-27
Film, VideoA Concert of Ladino Music: Flory Jagoda In celebration of Women's History Month, the Library presented a concert of Ladino music with Flory Jagoda in performance with Tiffani Ferrantelli and Zhenya Tochenaya.
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory
- Date: 2012-03-27