Film, Video Green Desert: Olzhas Suleimanov
About this Item
- Green Desert: Olzhas Suleimanov
- Poet and author Olzhas Suleimanov is regarded as one of Kazakhstan's and Central Asia's most influential intellectuals. He read from "Green Desert," the first comprehensive translation of his works into the English language. It provides a concise overview of his rich literary heritage and serves as an introduction to the contemporary literature of Kazakhstan and Eurasia.
- Event Date
- November 05, 2013
- - Ambassador Suleimenov serves as Kazakhstan's Ambassador to UNESCO in Paris. He is an author and poet, and regarded as one of Kazakhstan¿¿¿s and Central Asia¿¿¿s most influential intellectuals. As the leader of the first popular nuclear non-proliferation movement in Kazakhstan, he is a strong advocate for discarding these weapons around the world.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 26 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Green Desert:Olzhas Suleimanov. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6185/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Green Desert:Olzhas Suleimanov. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6185/.
MLA citation style:
Green Desert:Olzhas Suleimanov. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6185/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoGrowing Up Gullah Dorothy Browner-Hubler discusses growing up Gullah in South Carolina and Maryland.
- Contributor: Browner-Hubler, Dorothy
- Date: 2012-02-28
Film, VideoJews on Trial: The Papal Inquisition in Modena, 1598-1638 Katherine Aron-Beller will be speaking about her book on the Modena inquisition of 1598-1638.
- Contributor: Aron-Beller, Katherine
- Date: 2012-03-21
Film, VideoAmbassador Johnnie Carson: 40 Years of Dedication to Africa Ambassador Johnnie Carson took part in a discussion of his career in the U.S. State Department.
- Contributor: Carson, Johnnie
- Date: 2011-12-08
Film, VideoThe State of Art in Ethiopia Renowned artist Afewerk Tekle presented a lecture on the state of art in his native Ethiopia.
- Contributor: Tekle, Afewerk
- Date: 2009-07-27
Film, VideoA Concert of Ladino Music: Flory Jagoda In celebration of Women's History Month, the Library presented a concert of Ladino music with Flory Jagoda in performance with Tiffani Ferrantelli and Zhenya Tochenaya.
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory
- Date: 2012-03-27