Film, Video Satch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson
About this Item
- Satch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson
- Historian Timothy M. Gay tells the stories of pioneering baseball escapades in his new book, "Satch, Dizzy and Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson."
- Event Date
- May 05, 2010
- - Timothy M. Gay is the author of "Tris Speaker: The Rough-and-Tumble Life of a Baseball Legend," a finalist for two of the baseball history community's most prestigious awards. His essays and articles have appeared in The Washington Post, The Boston Globe, USA Today, and many other publications. He is a graduate of Georgetown University and lives in northern Virginia with his wife and three children.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 55 minutes 18 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Satch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson. 2010. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6192/.
APA citation style:
(2010) Satch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6192/.
MLA citation style:
Satch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson. 2010. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6192/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTraveling the Freedom Road: From Slavery and the Civil War Through Reconstruction
- Contributor: Osborne, Linda
- Date: 2009-02-09
Film, Video"They Have Killed Papa Dead!": The Road to Ford's Theatre, Abraham Lincoln's Murder and the Rage ...
- Contributor: Pitch, Anthony
- Date: 2009-02-20
Film, VideoFrances Perkins, the Woman Behind FDR
- Contributor: Downey, Kirstin
- Date: 2009-03-23
Film, VideoThe Loveliest Woman in America: A Tragic Actress, Her Lost Diaries and Her Granddaughter's Search for ...
- Contributor: Gaston, Bibi
- Date: 2009-03-17
Film, VideoThe Dickson Baseball Dictionary
- Contributor: Dickson, Paul
- Date: 2009-04-15