Film, Video Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln
About this Item
- Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln
- Robert T. Lincoln was Abraham and Mary's oldest and last-surviving son, yet little has been published about the lawyer, businessman and statesman who lived during one of the most progressive and dynamic eras in U.S. history. In his new book, Jason Emerson, after nearly 10 years of research - much of it done at the Library of Congress - draws upon previously undiscovered materials to offer the first truly definitive biography of this son of the 16th president.
- Event Date
- July 16, 2013
- - Jason Emerson is currently at work on a book-length history of Robert Lincoln's Vermont home, Hildene, and will soon publish a new book, "Lincoln's Lover: Mary Lincoln in Poetry." He also has contributed a chapter examining the relationship between Mary and Robert Lincoln to "The Mary Lincoln Enigma," a book of essays on Mary Lincoln.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 2 minutes 19 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6205/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6205/.
MLA citation style:
Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6205/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoWhatever Happened to the Washington Reporters?
- Contributor: Hess, Stephen
- Date: 2013-03-20
Film, VideoAct of Congress: How America's Essential Institution Works & How It Doesn't
- Contributor: Kaiser, Robert G.
- Date: 2013-11-19
Film, VideoSatch, Dizzy & Rapid Robert: The Wild Saga of Interracial Baseball Before Jackie Robinson
- Contributor: Gay, Timothy
- Date: 2010-05-05
Film, VideoAfrican American Faces of the Civil War: An Album
- Contributor: Coddington, Ronald S.
- Date: 2013-04-08
Film, VideoDaggers Drawn: Cartoonist Kal
- Contributor: Kallaugher, Kevin "kal"
- Date: 2014-01-14