Film, Video Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln
About this Item
- Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln
- Robert T. Lincoln was Abraham and Mary's oldest and last-surviving son, yet little has been published about the lawyer, businessman and statesman who lived during one of the most progressive and dynamic eras in U.S. history. In his new book, Jason Emerson, after nearly 10 years of research - much of it done at the Library of Congress - draws upon previously undiscovered materials to offer the first truly definitive biography of this son of the 16th president.
- Event Date
- July 16, 2013
- - Jason Emerson is currently at work on a book-length history of Robert Lincoln's Vermont home, Hildene, and will soon publish a new book, "Lincoln's Lover: Mary Lincoln in Poetry." He also has contributed a chapter examining the relationship between Mary and Robert Lincoln to "The Mary Lincoln Enigma," a book of essays on Mary Lincoln.
- Related Resources
- Center for the Book: http://www.read.gov/cfb/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 2 minutes 19 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6205/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6205/.
MLA citation style:
Giant in the Shadows: The Life of Robert T. Lincoln. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6205/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoJackie's Nine: Jackie Robinson's Values to Live By Sharon Robinson, baseball legend Jackie Robinson's daughter and director of educational programming for the Office of the Commissioner of Major League Baseball, came to the Library of Congress to discuss her newly...
- Contributor: Robinson, Sharon
- Date: 2001-11-06
Film, VideoSodom Laurel Album Explores North Carolina Mountain Community The visual and oral history of a rural mountain community called Sodom Laurel, and one family steeped in the tradition of the area, are the focus of a new book and accompanying...
- Contributor: Amberg, Rob
- Date: 2003-04-21
Film, VideoPatience and Fortitude: A Roving Chronicle of Book People, Book Places and Book Culture Based on dozens of interviews, "Patience and Fortitude" is filled with personal stories about the relevance of books and book culture for individuals and nations.
- Contributor: Basbanes, Nicholas
- Date: 2001-11-08
Film, VideoHow to Read and Why Harold Bloom discusses his book, "How to Read and Why."
- Contributor: Bloom, Harold
- Date: 2000-06-28
Film, VideoPen of Fire: John Moncure Daniel The author discussed his new book, the first full-length biography of Confederate champion John Moncure Daniel.
- Contributor: Bridges, Peter
- Date: 2002-11-18