Film, Video Poetry Reading: Star of David
About this Item
- Poetry Reading: Star of David
- Rick Black reads from his book of poems, "Star of David."
- Event Date
- November 22, 2013
- - Born and brought up in Bergenfield, New Jersey, Rick Black has studied various facets of bookbinding with Maria Pisano, Susan Mills, Carolyn Chadwick, Yukari Hayashida and Carol Barton, among others. He has participated in national book arts and fine art exhibitions. For more than 20 years, he was a professional journalist, including a three-year stint in the Jerusalem bureau of The New York Times. He also freelanced for numerous national newspapers and magazines, including The Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Dallas Morning News, Jerusalem Post, Forward, Archeology, Cicada, and Cricket.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 53 minutes 16 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Poetry Reading: Star of David. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6232/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Poetry Reading: Star of David. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6232/.
MLA citation style:
Poetry Reading: Star of David. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6232/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoIranians Writing and Publishing Today, At Home and Abroad
- Date: 2007-04-25
Film, VideoLife Stories and Memory Making in South Africa
- Contributor: Mazibuko, Nokuthula
- Date: 2007-02-26
Film, VideoJewish Washington: Scrapbook of an American Community
- Contributor: Cohen Appelbaum, Laura - Turman, Wendy
- Date: 2007-10-18
Film, VideoQuick to the Party: Southern Jews and the Americanization of Hanukkah
- Contributor: Pearlstein, Peggy - Ashton, Dianne
- Date: 2007-11-02
Film, VideoLawrence and Aaronsohn: T.E. Lawrence, Aaronsohn and the Seeds of the Arab-Israel Conflict
- Contributor: Florence, Ronald
- Date: 2007-12-03