Film, Video Poetry Reading: Star of David
About this Item
- Poetry Reading: Star of David
- Rick Black reads from his book of poems, "Star of David."
- Event Date
- November 22, 2013
- - Born and brought up in Bergenfield, New Jersey, Rick Black has studied various facets of bookbinding with Maria Pisano, Susan Mills, Carolyn Chadwick, Yukari Hayashida and Carol Barton, among others. He has participated in national book arts and fine art exhibitions. For more than 20 years, he was a professional journalist, including a three-year stint in the Jerusalem bureau of The New York Times. He also freelanced for numerous national newspapers and magazines, including The Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Dallas Morning News, Jerusalem Post, Forward, Archeology, Cicada, and Cricket.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 53 minutes 16 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Poetry Reading: Star of David. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6232/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Poetry Reading: Star of David. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6232/.
MLA citation style:
Poetry Reading: Star of David. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6232/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoNavigating Society: Challenges and Female Agency in Africana Children's Literature Join the Library of Congress for a panel discussion that explores representations of female agency in new Africana children's literature, featuring authors Tricia Elam Walker (Nana Akua goes to School), Aya Khalil...
- Contributor: Page, Laverne - Walker, Tricia Elam - Khalil, Aya - Miner, Edward - Aire, Ekiuwa - Lugano, Rose Sau
- Date: 2021-11-04
Film, VideoMission to Baghdad: Toward Rebuilding a National Library This is an interview with two Library of Congress staff members who traveled to Baghdad in November 2003. Their mission was to assist the staff of the Iraqi Library and assess the...
- Contributor: Kresh, Diane
- Date: 2003-11-01
Film, VideoTimbuktu Manuscipts and the Efforts to Maintain the Desert The curator of the Mamma Haidara Memorial Library in Timbuktu, Mali, presented a lecture related to and illustrative of the exhibit "Ancient Manuscripts from the Desert Libraries of Timbuktu." Though known to...
- Contributor: Haidara, Abdel Kader
- Date: 2003-09-03
Film, VideoThe Art of Splendor: Islamic Luxury Goods A lecture with illustrations the author of Bazaar to Piazza: Islamic Trade and Italian Art, 1300-1600.
- Contributor: Mack, Rosamond E.
- Date: 2004-04-19
Film, VideoReport from Armenia: 2003 John M. Ordway, U.S. Ambassador to Armenia since its declaration of independence in 1991, delivered this "Report from Armenia: 2003."
- Contributor: Ordway, John M.
- Date: 2004-01-08