Film, Video Mukoma wa Ngugi
About this Item
- Mukoma wa Ngugi
- Kenyan-American writer, Mukoma wa Ngugi read from his work and discussed the state of contemporary African literature, highlighting African languages and culture.
- Event Date
- December 03, 2013
- - Mukoma wa Ngugi was born in 1971 in Evanston, Ill., but raised in Kenya, before returning to the United States for his university education. An assistant professor of English at Cornell University he is the author of "Conversing with Africa: Politics of Change" and "Hurling Words at Consciousness." He is also a columnist for BBC Focus on Africa magazine and former co-editor of Pambazuka News.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 8 minutes 32 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mukoma wa Ngugi. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6239/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Mukoma wa Ngugi. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6239/.
MLA citation style:
Mukoma wa Ngugi. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6239/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAmadou Koné A conversation with novelist and scholar Amadou Kone of Côte d'Ivoire.
- Contributor: Koné, Amadou
- Date: 2013-09-25
Film, VideoOkey Ndibe Nigerian-born professor of literature Okey Ndibe read selections from his new novel "Foreign Gods Inc."
- Contributor: Ndibe, Okey
- Date: 2015-05-21
Film, VideoLemn Sissay Lemn Sissay reads selections from his work and participates in a moderated discussion.
- Contributor: Sissay, Lemn - Tiruneh, Fentahun
- Date: 2015-07-06
Film, VideoAuthor Namwali Serpell Zambian writer Namwali Serpell read a short story from her book, participated in an interview, and took questions from the audience. Serpell also discussed her current research, challenges and opportunities in African...
- Contributor: Serpell, Namwali
- Date: 2016-03-14
Film, VideoPoet & Writer Zainab Hassan Somali writer and poet Zainab Hassan discusses her work in an interview presented in partnership with the Africa Society of the National Summit on Africa.
- Contributor: Hassan, Zainab
- Date: 2014-06-10