Film, Video A Conversation with Henry Threadgill
About this Item
- A Conversation with Henry Threadgill
- Larry Appelbaum interviews composer and multi-instrumentalist Henry Threadgill about his musical upbringing in Chicago, the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians (AACM), the story of his life-changing experience in Vietnam, his groups Air and Zooid, and his approach to composition and improvisation.
- Event Date
- October 26, 2013
- - Henry Threadgill is an American composer, saxophonist and flautist who came to prominence in the 1970s leading ensembles with unusual instrumentation and often incorporating a range of non-jazz genres. He has had a music career for over forty years as both a leader and as a composer.
- - Larry Appelbaum is a senior music reference librarian and jazz specialist in the Music Division at the Library of Congress.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: http://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours, 5 minutes, 21 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
A Conversation with Henry Threadgill. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6241/.
APA citation style:
(2013) A Conversation with Henry Threadgill. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6241/.
MLA citation style:
A Conversation with Henry Threadgill. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6241/>.