Film, Video Presentation of Kyrgyz Book
About this Item
- Presentation of Kyrgyz Book
- Along with a Kyrgyz delegation, Muratbek Imanaliev presented his latest book on Kyrgyzstan to Librarian of Congress James H. Billington.
- Event Date
- November 20, 2013
- - Muktar Djumaliev is the ambassador of Kyrgyzstan to the United States.
- - John O'Keefe is a career member of the Senior Foreign Service and served as the U.S. Ambassador to Kyrgyzstan from 2000 to 2003.
- - Muratbek Imanaliev is a professor at American University in Central Asia (AUCA). He was the Kyrgyz Foreign Minister in 1991-1992 and 1997-2002 and served as Kyrgyz Ambassador in China in 1993-1996. Imanaliev is the head of the public commission for foreign policy under Foreign Affairs Ministry of the republic and one of the leading foreign policy experts in Central Asia.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 40 minutes 48 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Presentation of Kyrgyz Book. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6257/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Presentation of Kyrgyz Book. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6257/.
MLA citation style:
Presentation of Kyrgyz Book. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6257/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoGrowing Up Gullah Dorothy Browner-Hubler discusses growing up Gullah in South Carolina and Maryland.
- Contributor: Browner-Hubler, Dorothy
- Date: 2012-02-28
Film, VideoJews on Trial: The Papal Inquisition in Modena, 1598-1638 Katherine Aron-Beller will be speaking about her book on the Modena inquisition of 1598-1638.
- Contributor: Aron-Beller, Katherine
- Date: 2012-03-21
Film, VideoAmbassador Johnnie Carson: 40 Years of Dedication to Africa Ambassador Johnnie Carson took part in a discussion of his career in the U.S. State Department.
- Contributor: Carson, Johnnie
- Date: 2011-12-08
Film, VideoThe State of Art in Ethiopia Renowned artist Afewerk Tekle presented a lecture on the state of art in his native Ethiopia.
- Contributor: Tekle, Afewerk
- Date: 2009-07-27
Film, VideoA Concert of Ladino Music: Flory Jagoda In celebration of Women's History Month, the Library presented a concert of Ladino music with Flory Jagoda in performance with Tiffani Ferrantelli and Zhenya Tochenaya.
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory
- Date: 2012-03-27