Film, Video Open Mic: A Conversation with David Bromberg
About this Item
- Open Mic: A Conversation with David Bromberg
- David Bromberg's genre-defying performance style and eclectic repertoire make him a great example of an outstanding artist who draws upon both tradition and personal creativity to captivate contemporary audiences. His second and equally successful career as a luthier (violin maker) and musical instrument expert will also be an important part of the conversation.
- Event Date
- March 31, 2014
- - David Bromberg is a renowned multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter, violin authority and storyteller.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Open Mic: A Conversation with David Bromberg. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6305/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Open Mic: A Conversation with David Bromberg. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6305/.
MLA citation style:
Open Mic: A Conversation with David Bromberg. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6305/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoCrafting America's Sound: The David Bromberg Violin Collection American musician and violin collector David Bromberg discusses his personal collection of American-made violins with Nancy Groce.
- Contributor: Groce, Nancy - Bromberg, David
- Date: 2017-02-23
Film, VideoWhat's The Difference Between A Violin And A Fiddle?: A Conversation With David Bromberg David Bromberg discussed his personal collection of American-made violins with Nancy Groce. They were joined by Kenneth Naito and Nate Growler and showed a violin from the David Bromberg American Violin Collection...
- Contributor: Growler, Nate - Naito, Kenneth - Groce, Nancy - Bromberg, David
- Date: 2017-05-22
Film, VideoConversation with Langston Wilkins Folklorist and ethnomusicologist Langston Wilkins discussed his life and career in folklife.
- Contributor: Wilkins, Langston - Groce, Nancy
- Date: 2019-04-24
Film, VideoThe Person Behind the Job: The Occupational Folklife Project (Online Office Hours) Join the staff of the Library's American Folklife Center (AFC) to explore the online resource, the Occupational Folklife Project. Over the past decade, folklorists and oral historians throughout America have been working...
- Contributor: Black, Kaleena - Groce, Nancy
- Date: 2020-06-02
Film, VideoOpen Mic: Interview with Fiona Ritchie Nancy Groce interviews Scottish broadcaster Fiona Ritchie about her career on both sides of the Atlantic and her experiences researching "Wayfaring Stranger: The Musical Voyage from Scotland and Ulster to Appalachia."
- Contributor: Ritchie, Fiona - Groce, Nancy
- Date: 2015-07-14