Film, Video Doris Kearns Goodwin on Roosevelt & Taft
About this Item
- Doris Kearns Goodwin on Roosevelt & Taft
- Library of Congress historian Michelle Krowl talks to noted author Doris Kearns Goodwin about her book, "The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft and the Golden Age of Journalism."
- June 18, 2014
- - Michelle Krowl is a historian in the Library's Manuscript Division.
- - Doris Kearns Goodwin, a former Harvard professor and Woodrow Wilson Fellow, is the author of several New York Times best-sellers, including "No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt," which was awarded the 1995 Pulitzer Prize in History, and her latest book, "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln" (Simon & Schuster, 2005). She is the recipient of the Charles Frankel Prize and the Sara Josepha Hale Medal. She was the first woman journalist to enter the Red Sox locker room and has been a consultant and on air-person for PBS documentaries on Lyndon Johnson, the Kennedy family, Franklin Roosevelt, Abraham and Mary Lincoln, and Ken Burns' "The History of Baseball."
- Manuscript Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/mss/
- Theodore Roosevelt: His Life & Times on Film : https://www.loc.gov/collection/theodore-roosevelt-films/about-this-collection/
- 55 minutes 20 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Doris Kearns Goodwin on Roosevelt & Taft. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6321/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Doris Kearns Goodwin on Roosevelt & Taft. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6321/.
MLA citation style:
Doris Kearns Goodwin on Roosevelt & Taft. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6321/>.