Film, Video Astrobiology & Theology: A Discussion
About this Item
- Astrobiology & Theology: A Discussion
- Discoveries of new, potentially habitable worlds beyond our solar system raise challenging questions for humanity vis-a-vis faith, human nature, reality and religion. This discussion addresses the complex intersection of astrobiology and theology as part of the Kluge Center's astrobiology program.
- Event Date
- June 18, 2014
- Related Resources
- John W. Kluge Center: https://www.loc.gov/kluge/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 13 minutes 27 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Astrobiology & Theology: A Discussion. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6330/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Astrobiology & Theology: A Discussion. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6330/.
MLA citation style:
Astrobiology & Theology: A Discussion. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6330/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoEthics, Politics & Institutions: A Moral Vocabulary for Modern Democracy
- Contributor: Lovin, Robin
- Date: 2014-01-23
Film, VideoSearching for Life in the Universe: What Does it Mean for Humanity?
- Contributor: Dick, Steven J. - Grinspoon, David H.
- Date: 2014-01-28
Film, VideoScholarfest S1: Life/Future: Definitions of Life in the 21st Century & Beyond
- Contributor: Parks, Fayth - Fok, Wendy - Dick, Steven - De Kerckhove, Derrick - Hochschild, Jennifer - Nall, Joshua - Chrousos, George - Maher, Neil - Grinspoon, David - Gold, Philip - Anderson, Mark - Rogers, Charlotte - Lovin, Robin - Milanich, Nara
- Date: 2015-06-11
Film, VideoCaesarism in Democratic Politics: Reflections on Max Weber
- Contributor: Casper, Gerhard
- Date: 2007-03-22
Film, VideoSusan Hirsch Discusses Her Book on Terrorism and Grief
- Contributor: Hirsch, Susan
- Date: 2006-11-29