Film, Video Torcuato Zamora: Flamenco Guitar with Dancers from Furia Flamenco
About this Item
- Torcuato Zamora: Flamenco Guitar with Dancers from Furia Flamenco
- A concert featuring guitarist Torcuato Zamora and flamenco dance company Furia Flamenco.
- Event Date
- April 23, 2014
- - Torcuato Zamora was born amidst the rhythms and legends of Granada in Spain. At the age of five he moved to Barcelona where he began studying classical guitar; by age fifteen he began giving concerts professionally with Ramón Delgado and Graciano Tarragó. In the 1960s he came to the U.S., and since then he has devoted himself to presenting flamenco and classical, South American music, and his own compositions.
- - Furia Flamenca, founded by director Estela Velez in January 2003, is a flamenco dance company whose style combines flamenco's gypsy heritage and modern flamenco choreography with the best elements of its dancers' backgrounds. The dancers in this performance are Sylvia Melecio and Karina Valverde.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: http://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 55 minutes, 25 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Torcuato Zamora: Flamenco Guitar with Dancers from Furia Flamenco. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6342/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Torcuato Zamora: Flamenco Guitar with Dancers from Furia Flamenco. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6342/.
MLA citation style:
Torcuato Zamora: Flamenco Guitar with Dancers from Furia Flamenco. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6342/>.