Film, Video Spyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor
About this Item
- Spyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor
- The Karpouzi Trio plays music on traditional instruments from the Greek mainland and islands. The band loves to play for dance parties and community celebrations, and always, even in concerts, invites the audience out of their seats and onto the dance floor. Karpouzi members are Spyros Koliavasilis (vocals, oud, and the Cappadocian lyra or kemane), Margaret Loomis (santouri), and Len Newman (laouto).
- Event Date
- May 07, 2014
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 1 minutes 55 seconds
- Online Format
- Original Format
- film, video
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Spyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6348/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Spyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6348/.
MLA citation style:
Spyros Koliavasilis & Karpouzi Trio: Music from Greece & Asia Minor. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6348/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoThe Sama Ensemble
- Contributor: Ensemble, Sama
- Date: 2007-04-25
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda and Friends
- Contributor: Chancey, Tina - Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - Gaeta, Susan
- Date: 2007-03-21
Film, VideoTim Tingle & D.J. Battiest-Tomasi
- Contributor: Tingle, Tim - Battiest-Tomasi, D.J.
- Date: 2011-06-29
Film, VideoKiu Haghighi with Tooraj Moshref-Zadeh: Persian Santour and Tombak Music from Illinois
- Contributor: Haghighi, Kiu
- Date: 2011-07-20
Film, VideoCantos de mi canton (Songs from My Home): Chicano Music from California
- Contributor: Alma, Agustin Lira and - Quetzal (Band), Quetzal
- Date: 2011-09-14