Film, Video Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia
About this Item
- Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia
- Glen Pearcy and David Cline discuss Pearcy's documentary work with the Southwest Georgia Project, which documented local people at work and in their homes during the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
- February 27, 2014
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Civil Rights History Project: https://www.loc.gov/collections/civil-rights-history-project/about-this-collection/
- Many Paths to Freedom: Looking Back, Looking Ahead at the Long Civil Rights Movement: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/civilrights/events/
- 1 hours 24 minutes 42 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6349/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6349/.
MLA citation style:
Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6349/>.