Film, Video Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia
About this Item
- Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia
- Glen Pearcy and David Cline discuss Pearcy's documentary work with the Southwest Georgia Project, which documented local people at work and in their homes during the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.
- Event Date
- February 27, 2014
- Related Resources
- Many Paths to Freedom: Looking Back, Looking Ahead at the Long Civil Rights Movement: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/civilrights/events/
- Civil Rights History Project: https://www.loc.gov/collections/civil-rights-history-project/about-this-collection/
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 24 minutes 42 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6349/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6349/.
MLA citation style:
Documenting the Freedom Struggle in Southwest Georgia. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6349/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoAncestral Voices Roundtable This panel discussion highlights a collaborative initiative to digitally restore, provide access to and curate the oldest recordings in the Library of Congress collections, the 1890s wax cylinder recordings of the Passamaquoddy...
- Contributor: Saylor, Nicole - Tomah, Dwayne - Soctomah, Donald - Anderson, Jane - Christen, Kim - Shankar, Guha - Peterson, Elizabeth
- Date: 2018-06-04
Film, VideoSince 1968: The Drum & Spear Bookstore A symposium exploring the themes of cultural work, geography, and community as manifested in the history of three organizations that emerged from the social, political and cultural transformations that reshaped national and...
- Contributor: Cox, Courtland - Davis, Joshua - Gittens, Anthony - Richardson, Judy - Lawson, Jennifer
- Date: 2018-09-24
Film, VideoSince 1968: The Center for Traditional Music & Dance and Appalshop A symposium exploring the themes of cultural work, geography, and community as manifested in the history of three organizations that emerged from the social, political and cultural transformations that reshaped national and...
- Contributor: Rushefsky, Peter - Koenig, Martin - Raim, Ethel - Smith, Herb E. - Gibson, Alexander
- Date: 2018-09-24
Film, VideoArt of the Hunt: Hunting & Fishing Folklore Wyoming-based folklorist Andrea Graham discusses her fieldwork among fishers and hunters in the contemporary American West and explores how these traditions maintain, reinforce and celebrate deeply-rooted elements of place, family and community...
- Contributor: Graham, Andrea
- Date: 2018-06-07
Film, VideoInterview with Barry Jean Ancelet Staff of the American Folklife Center interview folklorist Barry Jean Ancelet.
- Contributor: Ancelet, Barry Jean
- Date: 2018-06-12