Film, Video H. Alan Day, Sandra Day O'Connor & Lynn Wiese Sneyd: 2014 National Book Festival
About this Item
- H. Alan Day, Sandra Day O'Connor & Lynn Wiese Sneyd: 2014 National Book Festival
- Sandra Day O'Connor, H. Alan Day and Lynn Wiese Sneyd appear at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- August 30, 2014
- - Lynn Wiese Sneyd is the owner of LWS Literary Services, an agency specializing in book publicity, proposals, editing and ghostwriting. She is the co-author of the memoir "The Horse Lover: A Cowboy's Quest to Save the Wild Mustangs" (Bison Books/University of Nebraska Press) by H. Alan Day. In addition, she wrote "Holistic Parenting" and co-authored "Healthy Solutions," which received an Arizona Book Award. Wiese Sneyd earned a B.A. in English from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is a past recipient of a Ragdale residency. She currently resides in Tucson, Ariz.
- - In his memoir "The Horse Lover: A Cowboy's Quest to Save the Wild Mustangs" (Bison Books/University of Nebraska Press), H. Alan Day recounts his mission to find a sanctuary for unadoptable wild horses previously warehoused by the Bureau of Land Management. His efforts resulted in the Mustang Meadows Ranch of South Dakota, the first government-sponsored wild-horse sanctuary established in the United States. In "The Horse Lover," Day recollects both his frustrating and adventurous times on the ranch, and he ultimately reveals the valuable lessons of loyalty, perseverance and hope that he gained along the way. Day is the co-author of the best-selling memoir "Lazy B," written with his sister, former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. His memoir, "The Horse Lover," is written with Lynn Wiese Sneyd and includes a foreword by Sandra Day O'Connor.
- - Sandra Day O'Connor made history when she became the first woman on the U.S. Supreme Court in 1981, following her unanimous confirmation by the U.S. Senate. She served on the court until 2006. In her home state of Arizona, O'Connor had been an elected official and the first woman majority leader in the nation as the Republican leader in the Arizona Senate. O'Connor will appear with her brother, H. Alan Day, and his co-author, Lynn Wiese Sneyd, during which she will interview them about their book, "The Horse Lover: A Cowboy's Quest to Save the Wild Mustangs" (Bison Books/University of Nebraska Press).
- National Book Festival website: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- 35 minutes 54 seconds
- online text
Rights & Access
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
H. Alan Day, Sandra Day O'Connor & Lynn Wiese Sneyd:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6374/.
APA citation style:
(2014) H. Alan Day, Sandra Day O'Connor & Lynn Wiese Sneyd:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6374/.
MLA citation style:
H. Alan Day, Sandra Day O'Connor & Lynn Wiese Sneyd:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6374/>.