Film, Video Rep. John Lewis & Andrew Aydin: 2014 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Rep. John Lewis & Andrew Aydin: 2014 National Book Festival
- Rep. John Lewis and Andrew Aydin appear at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Event Date
- August 30, 2014
- - Andrew Aydin is an aide to Rep. John Lewis and co-author of the first book of the Congressman's graphic novel memoir trilogy, "March" (Top Shelf Productions).
- - John Lewis has served as the U.S. States representative for Georgia's 5th Congressional District since 1987. He is senior chief deputy whip for the Democratic Party. Rep. Lewis had been serving America long before his congressional career began, as he is revered as a major civil rights icon, lending his resounding moral voice to the cause for more than 50 years. He was a key player in the movement to end racial discrimination and segregation as chairman of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee. In the first book of his graphic memoir trilogy, "March" (Top Shelf Productions), published with co-writer Andrew Aydin and New York Times best-selling artist Nate Powell, Rep. Lewis recounts his lifelong struggle for civil and human rights, chronicling the days of Jim Crow to the broader civil rights movement, and telling of his experience at the 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom. "March" has been recognized as the winner of the Robert F. Kennedy Book Award, a No. 1 New York Times bestseller, a No. 1 Washington Post best-seller, a Coretta Scott King Honor Book and an American Library Association Notable Children's Book. Rep. Lewis will appear with his aide Andrew Aydin.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival website: https://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- Running Time
- 42 minutes 56 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rep. John Lewis & Andrew Aydin:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6413/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Rep. John Lewis & Andrew Aydin:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6413/.
MLA citation style:
Rep. John Lewis & Andrew Aydin:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6413/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoRep. John Lewis & Andrew Aydin: 2016 National Book Festival Rep. John Lewis and co-author Andrew Aydin discuss "March: Book Three" at the 2016 Library of Congress Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Aydin, Andrew - Lewis, John
- Date: 2016-09-24
Film, VideoJohn Lewis: 2012 National Book Festival Rep. John Lewis appears at the 2012 Library of Congress National Book Festival.
- Contributor: Lewis, John
- Date: 2012-09-23
Film, VideoLibrary of Congress Literacy Awards: 2014 National Book Festival Library of Congress Literacy Awards are presented at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Contributor: Billington, James - Rubenstein, David
- Date: 2014-08-30
Film, VideoEvening Poetry Slam: 2014 National Book Festival Evening Poetry Slam at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Date: 2014-08-30
Film, VideoAlan Greenspan: 2014 National Book Festival Alan Greenspan is interviewed at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C. by David Rubenstein.
- Contributor: Greenspan, Alan - Rubenstein, David
- Date: 2014-08-30