Film, Video Vivek Tiwary & Kyle Baker: 2014 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Vivek Tiwary & Kyle Baker: 2014 National Book Festival
- Vivek Tiwary and Kyle Baker appear at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Event Date
- August 30, 2014
- - Vivek Tiwary is an author, Broadway theater producer and founder of Tiwary Entertainment Group. Tiwary's debut graphic novel, "The Fifth Beatle" (Dark Horse), tells the true story of Brian Epstein, the visionary manager behind the spotlight who led the Beatles to stardom. Despite his ambitious drive and pivotal role in mobilizing what would later become the most influential rock/pop band of all time, "The Fifth Beatle" reveals the brief life of Epstein, a tale of both triumph and tragedy. Tiwary portrays the story of a flawed and imperfect hero troubled by personal obstacles. "The Fifth Beatle" is written by Tiwary, with art illustrations by Andrew Robinson and Kyle Baker and lettering by Steve Dutro. It is a No. 1 New York Times best-seller and will be adapted into a feature film this year.
- - Cartoonist, writer and animator Kyle Baker has few peers in the field. He has won eight Eisner awards, five Harvey awards and five Glyph Comics awards. Baker's breakthrough work, "Why I Hate Saturn," won him his first Eisner in 1991. Baker was responsible for the revival of the Plastic Man comic series, and he has done the animation for several Looney Tunes projects. He is the illustrator of "The Fifth Beatle" (Dark Horse), a graphic novel about the Beatles manager, Brian Epstein, written by Vivek Tiwary.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival website: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- Running Time
- 34 minutes, 4 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vivek Tiwary & Kyle Baker:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6449/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Vivek Tiwary & Kyle Baker:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6449/.
MLA citation style:
Vivek Tiwary & Kyle Baker:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6449/>.