Film, Video Patrik Henry Bass & Jerry Craft: 2014 National Book Festival
About this Item
- Patrik Henry Bass & Jerry Craft: 2014 National Book Festival
- Patrik Henry Bass and Jerry Craft appears at the 2014 Library of Congress National Book Festival in Washington, D.C.
- Event Date
- August 30, 2014
- - Patrik Henry Bass is books editor of Essence magazine. He is the author of "Like a Mighty Stream: The March on Washington," for which he drew from photographs, news articles and eyewitness accounts. His current book (with illustrator Jerry Craft) is "The Zero Degree Zombie Zone" (Scholastic). Bass, a former professor at New York University, is also an award-winning journalist, who often appears on MSNBC, CNN and the BBC. He has written and edited for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Entertainment Weekly and Publishers Weekly.
- - Jerry Craft is one of the few African-American syndicated cartoonists in America, with his "Mama's Boyz" comic strip, which is distributed to nearly 900 publications. He is the writer or illustrator, or both, of approximately a dozen children's books, and his work has appeared in Essence and Ebony, among other publications, and in the book series "Chicken Soup for the African-American Soul." His new book is "The Zero Degree Zombie Zone" (Scholastic), which he illustrated for its writer, Patrik Henry Bass.
- Related Resources
- National Book Festival website: http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
- Running Time
- 26 minutes, 29 seconds
- Online Format
- online text
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Patrik Henry Bass & Jerry Craft:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6460/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Patrik Henry Bass & Jerry Craft:National Book Festival. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6460/.
MLA citation style:
Patrik Henry Bass & Jerry Craft:National Book Festival. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6460/>.