Film, Video In Bed with Wall Street: The Conspiracy Crippling the Global Economy
About this Item
- In Bed with Wall Street: The Conspiracy Crippling the Global Economy
- Author Larry Doyle exposes the shortcomings of an ineffectual financial regulatory system that brought about the Wall Street meltdown in 2008 and writes that he believes the corrupt relationship between Wall Street and Washington served the interests of the financial industry and failed to protect investors, consumers and the American taxpayer.
- Event Date
- June 05, 2014
- - Larry Doyle, a Wall Street veteran, successful blogger and author, has worked on and around Wall Street for the last 30 years. Shortly after the failure of Lehman Brothers in late 2008, Doyle launched his now widely read blog Sense on Cents, where he writes on the markets, global economy, Wall Street and Washington. Doyle's work is widely syndicated and referenced by major media outlets. He has received significant distinction for the emphasis his writing puts on issues related to investor education and protection.
- Related Resources
- Science, Technology & Business Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 2 minutes 23 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
In Bed with Wall Street: The Conspiracy Crippling the Global Economy. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6482/.
APA citation style:
(2014) In Bed with Wall Street: The Conspiracy Crippling the Global Economy. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6482/.
MLA citation style:
In Bed with Wall Street: The Conspiracy Crippling the Global Economy. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6482/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoTechnology Innovation for Healthcare in Aging Societies Jean-Pierre Auffret of the George Mason University School of Engineering reviewed and analyzed the status and potential of information and communications technology for healthcare in aging societies including the Americas, Europe, Africa...
- Contributor: Auffret, Jean-Pierre
- Date: 2018-05-16
Film, VideoObserving, Fighting and Mitigating Damage from Wildfires Satellites are making it possible to observe, investigate and understand wildfires in ways that are impossible from the ground. What are they showing us? In an illustrated presentation at the Library of...
- Contributor: Tucker, Compton
- Date: 2007-10-17
Film, VideoCelebrated Cookbook Editor Judith Jones Judith Jones spoke at the Library of Congress in a program sponsored by the Science, Technology and Business Division. Jones was the first to espouse the kind of cookbook in which the...
- Contributor: Jones, Judith
- Date: 2007-11-05
Film, VideoDiscovery! The Search for Arabian Oil The world was forever changed when American geologists and engineers in the 1930s and 1940s discovered oil in Saudi Arabia and developed the Middle Eastern oil industry. Timothy J. Barger and Thomas...
- Contributor: Lippman, Thomas - Barger, Timothy
- Date: 2007-11-28
Film, VideoOSIRIS-REx: First U.S. Mission to Return Samples from an Asteroid to Earth Jason Dworkin discussed the OSIRIS-REx, the first U.S. space mission that will return samples from an asteroid to Earth.
- Contributor: Dworkin, Jason
- Date: 2016-08-25