Film, Video The Persian Book in Pre-Modern Turkey
About this Item
- The Persian Book in Pre-Modern Turkey
- As part of the Library's celebration of a thousand years of the Persian book, Ahmet Karamustafa discusses Persian literature in pre-modern Turkey.
- Event Date
- August 13, 2014
- - Ahmet T. Karamustafa is professor of history at the University of Maryland, College Park. His expertise is in social and intellectual history of medieval and early modern Islam in the Middle East and Southwest Asia as well as in theory and method in the study of religion. He is the author several books and has held several administrative positions, including director of the religious studies program at Washington University in St. Louis and co-chair of the study of Islam section at the American Academy of Religion.
- Related Resources
- 'A Thousand Years of the Persian Book' exhibition: https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/thousand-years-of-the-persian-book/
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 14 minutes 21 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Persian Book in Pre-Modern Turkey. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6553/.
APA citation style:
(2014) The Persian Book in Pre-Modern Turkey. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6553/.
MLA citation style:
The Persian Book in Pre-Modern Turkey. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6553/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoShahnameh: The Epic of the Persian Kings Hamid Rahmanian presented an innovative version of Ferdowsi's Shahnameh "The Epic of the Persian Kings" based on illustrations from thousands of Iranian, Mughal Indian, and Ottoman manuscripts.
- Contributor: Rahmanian, Hamid
- Date: 2013-03-20
Film, VideoFrom Mecca to Mashhad: A Lithographed Shiite Pilgrimage Scroll from Iran A Nowruz lecture featuring Ulrich Marzolph speaking about a lithographed Shiite pilgrimage scroll from Qajar, Iran.
- Contributor: Marzolph, Ulrich
- Date: 2013-04-10
Film, VideoWomen in Iran: Past, Present and Future Nafisi discusses the current state of women in the Islamic republic of Iran.
- Contributor: Nafisi, Azar
- Date: 2004-03-16
Film, VideoLost Enlightenment: Central Asia's Golden Age from the Arab Conquest to Tamerlane Fred Starr discusses his book on central Asia's golden age, from the Arab conquest to Tamerlane.
- Contributor: Starr, Fred
- Date: 2016-05-05
Film, VideoAfghan Women's Poems Inspire Mahnaz Rezaie represented the Afghan Women's Writing Project (AWWP) during a conversation where poetry and visual art was shared. Part of the Persian Book Lecture Series, presented in collaboration with the Roshan...
- Contributor: Rezaie, Mahnaz - Khatera
- Date: 2016-03-31