Film, Video Kevin Doyle: Irish Step Dance
About this Item
- Kevin Doyle: Irish Step Dance
- Performance by Irish step dancer Kevin Doyle.
- Event Date
- September 18, 2014
- - Irish step dancer Kevin Doyle of Barrington, R.I., first learned Irish step dancing as a child from his mother, who learned the steps from her mother in Ireland's County Roscommon. From the age of ten, Doyle competed successfully in many East Coast feis (competitions), earning U.S. Irish Dance Champion honors. He teaches and performs with Rhode Island Celtic music performers Pendragon, folk performers Atwater-Donnelly and international Irish dance ensemble Atlantic Steps. Doyle is a recipient of a 2014 National Endowment for the Arts National Heritage Fellowship, the nation's highest honor in the folk and traditional arts. He performs with an all-star lineup of Irish musicians, including 2013 Heritage Fellow Séamus Connolly.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 35 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kevin Doyle: Irish Step Dance. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6562/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Kevin Doyle: Irish Step Dance. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6562/.
MLA citation style:
Kevin Doyle: Irish Step Dance. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6562/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoMarimba Linda Xelaju: Guatemalan Marimba Music from Maryland Marimba Linda Xelaju performs traditional Guatemalan marimba.
- Contributor: Xelaju, Marimba Linda
- Date: 2010-09-15
Film, VideoSteve Meisner Band Accordion polka concert with the Steve Meisner Band.
- Contributor: Meisner, Steve
- Date: 2010-08-25
Film, VideoBalla Kouyate & World Vision: Traditional Malian Music from Massachusetts Balla Kouyate is a griot and virtuoso player of the balaphon. Considered the predecessor of the xylophone and the first Mande instrument, the balafon is made up of wood slats of varying...
- Contributor: Kouyate, Balla
- Date: 2010-04-28
Film, VideoMcIntosh County Shouters: Gullah-Geechee Ring Shout from Georgia The McIntosh County Shouters perform Gullah-Geechee Ring Shout at a concert at the Library.
- Contributor: McIntosh County Shouters
- Date: 2010-12-02
Film, VideoAlan Lomax Road Show Oral History Tom Harvey discusses the music from the collections of Alan Lomax with The Down Hill Strugglers and John Cohen, who play traditional American music they have learned directly from the collections at...
- Contributor: Cohen, John - Down Hill Strugglers
- Date: 2015-09-25