Film, Video Véronique Tadjo
About this Item
- Véronique Tadjo
- Cote d'Ivoirean writer Véronique Tadjo read selections from her work and participated in a moderated discussion with the Library's Marieta Harper.
- Event Date
- October 17, 2014
- - Marieta Harper is Africa area specialist in the African and Middle Eastern Division of the Library of Congress.
- - Véronique Tadjo is a journalist, painter, and award-winning author of numerous volumes of fiction, poetry and children's literature. Tadjo's work includes "A Vol d'Oiseau/As the Crow Flies," "Reine Pokou/Queen Pokou" (awarded the Le Grand Prix Littéraire d'Afrique Noire in 2005), "Le Royaumme Aveugle/The Blind Kingdom," "L'Ombre D'Imana/In the Shadow of Imana," and "Loin de Mon Pere/Far from My Father." Her books for children include "Mamy Wata and the Monster." She studied at the University of Abidjan, the Sorbonne in Paris, as well as Howard University. Tadjo is professor and head of the French department at Wits University in Johannesburg, South Africa, and in Fall 2014, visiting professor in the French department at Rutgers.
- Related Resources
- African & Middle Eastern Division: https://www.loc.gov/rr/amed/
- Running Time
- 58 minutes
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Véronique Tadjo. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6564/.
APA citation style:
(2014) Véronique Tadjo. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6564/.
MLA citation style:
Véronique Tadjo. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6564/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoBuilding and Preserving the Cultural Heritage of the New Republic of South Sudan
- Contributor: Dau, John Bul - Harper, Marieta - Batiste, Angel - Oyewole, Abioye - Goitom, Hanibal
- Date: 2012-11-14
Film, VideoIslam in America, 18th-21st Century
- Contributor: Gifford, Prosser - Al-Islam, Amir - Haddad, Yvonne Y. - Diouf, Sylviane A. - Harper, Marieta - Hunwick, John O. - Brown, Carolyn - Beard, Derrick J. - Ahmed, Akbar S.
- Date: 2002-01-29
Film, VideoMandlakayise C. Matyumza
- Contributor: Matyumza, Mandlakayise
- Date: 2012-09-25
Film, VideoAmadou Koné
- Contributor: Koné, Amadou
- Date: 2013-09-25
Film, VideoAbdourahman Waberi
- Contributor: Waberi, Abdourahman
- Date: 2013-11-14