Film, Video Henry Threadgill's Zooid
About this Item
- Henry Threadgill's Zooid
- A rare Washington appearance from Henry Threadgill, "one of the most important living composers in and around the jazz idiom" (Nate Chinen) and a dazzling alto saxophonist and flutist with masterly improvisational skills.
- Event Date
- October 25, 2013
- - At the edge of the jazz avant-garde since the early 1960s, composer-performer Henry Threadgill operates within a sophisticated, multi-sourced musical language developed over decades, since his early years with the Association for the Advancement of Creative Musicians. It's a language uniquely his own, one that his Zooid colleagues speak fluently.
- Related Resources
- Music & Performing Arts at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/rr/perform/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 15 minutes 16 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Henry Threadgill's Zooid. 2013. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6619/.
APA citation style:
(2013) Henry Threadgill's Zooid. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6619/.
MLA citation style:
Henry Threadgill's Zooid. 2013. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6619/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoA Conversation with Henry Threadgill
- Contributor: Threadgill, Henry - Appelbaum, Larry
- Date: 2013-10-26
Film, VideoPre-Concert Conversation with Nico Muhly & Daniel Hope
- Contributor: Kahane, Jeffrey - Hope, Daniel - Muhly, Nico
- Date: 2012-10-12
Film, VideoRosanne Cash Celebrates Songs of America
- Contributor: Cash, Rosanne
- Date: 2014-02-03
Film, VideoWhat the Autograph Can Tell Us: Beethoven's Sonata in E Major, Opus 109
- Contributor: Hwang, Shin - Bilson, Malcolm - Meredith, William
- Date: 2011-09-10
Film, VideoMichael Feinstein Celebrates Songs of America
- Contributor: Feinstein, Michael
- Date: 2014-02-03