Film, Video Flory's Flame
About this Item
- Flory's Flame
- A discussion of the documentary film on the life and music of Flory Jagoda by producers Curt Fissel and Ellen Friedland.
- Event Date
- January 21, 2015
- - Flory Jagoda is the foremost interpreter of Sephardic traditional music in the U.S., and has received the prestigious National Heritage Fellowship from the National Endowment for the Arts.
- - Ellen Friedland was the co-founder with Curt Fissel of JEMGLO and Voices & Visions Productions and serves as the president of both. Productions for the two companies have received three silver Tellys, numerous Bronze Tellys, and dozens of other awards. Freidland has written and produced nine documentaries through JEMGLO, seven of which have been broadcast on PBS and cable TV stations nationwide as well as many other global venues. The eighth, Delicious Peace Grows in a Ugandan Coffee Bean, was screened at over 35 international film festivals and won a number of "Best of" awards. She has also worked as an attorney and a political correspondent.
- - Curt Fissel has directed and been the director of photography on more t han 25 documentaries, almost all of which have been broadcast on PBS, cable TV, and/or global film festivals. He has received numerous awards, including the Cine Golden Eagle and Associated Press Outstanding Documentary Awards, as well as EMMY nominations. Fissel co-founded JEMGLO and corporate video production company Voices & Visions Productions, where he serves as a principal.
- Related Resources
- American Folklife Center: https://www.loc.gov/folklife/
- Running Time
- 1 hours 21 minutes 2015 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Flory's Flame. 2015. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6637/.
APA citation style:
(2015) Flory's Flame. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6637/.
MLA citation style:
Flory's Flame. 2015. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6637/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, VideoFlory's flame "Flory's Flame is a compelling one-hour documentary about the life and music of renowned 90-year old Sephardic composer and performer Flory Jagoda. The documentary interlaces Flory's personal narrative with selections from her...
- Contributor: Fissel, Curt - Jemglo Productions - Jagoda, Flory - Friedland, Ellen
- Date: 2015
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda: The Celebration Concert
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory
- Date: 2013-09-21
Film, VideoOral History with Traditional Artist Flory Jagoda
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard
- Date: 2013-11-20
Film, VideoA Concert of Ladino Music: Flory Jagoda
- Contributor: Jagoda, Flory
- Date: 2012-03-27
Film, VideoFlory Jagoda and Friends
- Contributor: Chancey, Tina - Jagoda, Flory - Bass, Howard - Gaeta, Susan
- Date: 2007-03-21