Film, Video 2014 International Writing Program Spotlight
About this Item
- 2014 International Writing Program Spotlight
- Christopher Merrill and his international students/alumni participate in panels and read from their work. Speakers included Bruce Armstrong, Cynthia Edul, Omar Pérez, Enrique Serrano, Natasha Tiniacos, Boaz Gaon, Mujib Mehrdad, Mamle Kabu, Sadek Mohammed, Binayak Banerjee, Bernice Chauly, Heekyung Eun, Chen Li, Franca Treur, Laurynas Katkus, Auguste Corteau and Gerõur Kristný.
- Event Date
- November 06, 2014
- - Christopher Merrill is the International Writing Program Director at the University of Iowa.
- Related Resources
- Poetry & Literature at the Library of Congress: https://www.loc.gov/poetry/
- Running Time
- 3 hours 35 minutes 55 seconds
- Online Format
While the Library of Congress created most of the videos in this collection, they include copyrighted materials that the Library has permission from rightsholders to present. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
International Writing Program Spotlight. 2014. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6646/.
APA citation style:
(2014) International Writing Program Spotlight. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6646/.
MLA citation style:
International Writing Program Spotlight. 2014. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/webcast-6646/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, Video2015 International Writing Program Spotlight Program residents Nael Eltoukhy (Egypt), Harris Khalique (Pakistan), Birgül Oğuz (Turkey) and Margarita Mateo Palmer (Cuba) read selections of their work and participated in a moderated discussion with Christopher Merrill, director of...
- Contributor: Merrill, Christopher
- Date: 2015-09-05
Film, Video2018 International Writing Spotlight: Giving Voice to Women through Literature International Writing Program residents Kateryna Babkina (Ukraine), Alisa Ganieva (Russia), and Rumena Bužarovska (Macedonia) will read selections of their work and participate in a moderated discussion with IWP Director Christopher Merrill. Presented...
- Contributor: Bužarovska, Rumena - Babkina, Kateryna - Merrill, Christopher - Ganieva, Alisa
- Date: 2018-11-02
Film, VideoWitter Bynner Fellows Poetry Reading 2010 Poet Laureate Kay Ryan has chosen two talented voices in poetry, Jill McDonough and Atsuro Riley, for the 2010 Witter Bynner Fellowships, and will introduce the poets at the Library of Congress.
- Contributor: Riley, Atsuro - McDonough, Jill
- Date: 2010-02-18
Film, VideoPoet Laureate Kay Ryan's Farewell Reading Poet Laureate Kay Ryan concludes her second and final term as Poet Laureate at the Library of Congress with a reading from her newest volume of poetry "The Best of It: New...
- Contributor: Ryan, Kay
- Date: 2010-05-20
Film, VideoLiterary Birthday Celebration: Langston Hughes Poets Dolores Kendrick and Evie Shockley celebrate the birthday of American poet Langston Hughes by reading selections from his work and discussing his influence on their own writing.
- Contributor: Shockley, Evie - Kendrick, Dolores
- Date: 2012-02-01